As I reported here a couple of weeks ago, Blossom is the last restaurant to occupy the space on East 14th previously taken by Good Food and Szechuan Restaurant. I will bet that it won’t be the last.
We ordered food from there Saturday, when I was too involved in the preparations for my birthday party that evening (which I’ll soon blog about), to attend to lunch. Kathy suggested it because they delivered, and I always want to try new places in town. Oh well.
Blossom offers your typical Chinese restaurant menu also at typical prices – generally $6-9 for entrees. The portions are large, though not as large as those of other restaurants, which is not necessarily a bad thing. My problem was with the food itself.
We found the fried wontons ($3.25) to be a bit limp – though that may be because they don’t travel well. In any case, I like them crispier.
The sweet & sour pork ($6) had a lot of breading, little pork and a syrupy sauce that just didn’t taste good. Nobody liked it. Mike and Kathy did like the Szechuan beef ($6.55), but I thought it was very one-dimensional, it was too spicy for the kids to try. None of us liked the orange flavored chicken ($6), full, scrawny chicken wings with a thick, spicy sauce. They were difficult to eat and just not very tasty. The chicken chow mein ($5) was pretty good, Mika liked it.
In all, I was unhappy with Blossom and I see no reason to order from there again. New Hong Kong also delivers and is much better.
Blossom Chinese Restaurant
14807 E. 14th St.
San Leandro, CA
San Leandro Restaurant Reviews
- I’ve finished cooking “I” cuisines
- Update on Home Chef meal kits
- Battle of the Snacks Day 5: Eti Pizza Kraker v Orion Mini Sour Candies
- El Torito’s Fiesta Packs Are a Great Deal – or at least were.
- Battle of the Snacks Day 4: Ulker Alpella 3D White Chocolate v. Coris Whistle Soda Candy
- Battle of the Snacks Day 3: Eti Wanted Karamel vs. Ninjapo Texas Corn Fried Chicken Taste
- Morning Coffee and Sour Cream & Onion Potato Ships Don’t Mix Well
- Battle of the Snacks: Turkish vs. Japanese
- Pampa Direct – Review
- Christmas Eve Dinner 2020: A Pandemic Christmas
Meal Kit Reviews
Meal Kit Discount Codes
- Dinnerly – Free Box
- Every Plate – $20 off your first box
- Freshly – $20 off each first two boxes
- Green Chef – $55 off your order
- Gobble – 2 meal kits for $18
- Hello Fresh – $40 off
- Home Chef – $35 off your first box
- Sun Basket – $40 off your first box
(bold = currently subscribed to, so I may get a referral bonus if you subscribe through the link)
Tagsbbq beef Blue Apron boneless chicken buffets burgers chain restaurants cheese chicken chinese food Christmas closed restaurants desserts Dinnerly EveryPlate Freshly frozen food Gobble Green Chef hayward Hello Fresh HelloFresh meal kit reviews Home Chef Indian Italian Italian food Las Vegas Las Vegas buffets Los Angeles meal kit hacks mushrooms pasta pizza Plated Refrigerated Meals Reviews reviews San Leandro sauces short ribs Soup steak Sun Basket thai vegan vegetarian
- Argentina (7)
- Bread (4)
- Cafes, Bakeries, Ice Cream… (36)
- Cheese (14)
- Classes (5)
- Cookbooks (18)
- Deals (5)
- Dinner (68)
- Drinks (17)
- Equipment (13)
- Events (9)
- Fairs & Festivals (8)
- Feedback (7)
- Food for Tots (17)
- Food Items (157)
- Fun with Food (3)
- Grocery Outlet (78)
- Ice Cream (13)
- Ideas (4)
- International Project (3)
- Invitations (3)
- Links (19)
- Lists (9)
- Meal Kits (96)
- Menus (60)
- Methods (12)
- Recipes (240)
- Restaurants (400)
- Shops & Markets (36)
- Snacks (9)
- Text (58)
- Uncategorized (10)
- Wine (53)
- Wine Tasting (18)
Posts in this blog may contain affiliate links.