New Cuisines Up: Central & Easter German, German-American, Galician, Greek Jewish and Georgian EraPosted: June 4, 2015 | Author: admin | Filed under: Menus, Recipes | Leave a comment »
It’s sort of weird. I go through periods when I cook every day and make an effort to continue my international food project. Then there are periods where I go months and months without cooking at all, having take out or frozen food. And sometimes I just make simpler things – though usually that happens when I’m not caught up.
Lately, though, I’ve been cooking and I’ve been cooking quite a bit. So much so that my husband has started to complain that we are always eating something new. So I’ve made a deal that I would cook an oldie every week. But the rest will be new cuisines.
In the last few weeks I’ve finished a number of cuisines. Please check them out:
- Central German: Traditional food from the central region of Germany
- East German: Dishes from the German Democratic Republic
- Galician: Food from the northwestern corner of Spain
- Georgian Era England: 18th century dishes
- German-American: Lots of German food these few weeks!
- Greek Jewish: Dishes from one of the oldest Jewish communities in the world
In the next few weeks I’m planning on making Chamorro, Guatemalan, Guizhou and Grenadan dishes among others.