Baked Pasta with Italian SausagePosted: March 2, 2013 | Author: marga | Filed under: Recipes | Tags: pasta, sausage | Leave a comment »
I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com and it’s absolutely delicious! Heart attack worthy, but well, worthy.
- 1 package pasta (penne, ziti, rigatoni or something of the sort).
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes (with garlic & basil if available)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
Boil pasta until it’s al dente. Drain and place in an 13″ x 9″ baking dish.
In a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and sausage and cook until browned. Pour out and discard excessive fat. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Add the white wine and deglace the pan. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix well.
Sprinkle both cheeses on top of the pasta and bake in a 350°F. oven for 20 minutes.