A new restaurant will be opening sometime soon at the old La Cocina de Raquel location (which previously housed andy & joe’s, Taqueria, Kolbeh and Casa Maria #2 – all in the last 7 years). The new restaurant will be called Ming Tasty and will, presumably, serve Chinese food. I guess 5 Chinese restaurants within a 1/2 mile radius is not enough).
The new owners are spending over $200K in remodeling the place (wow!) and I can only wish them luck – they must have quite a bit of faith that the East 14th by Parrot St. location is not actually cursed. But in reality, the fact is that all the previous restaurants failed miserably because they served lousy/expensive food. If Ming Tasty is actually tasty, I’m sure it’ll do well.
Other restaurant news:
The owner of The Englander is opening a new wine & tapas bar next door. The restaurant will be called The Vine and should be opening soon. I can’t wait to try it.
Castro Valley’s Pyzano’s Pizza will be opening a branch in San Leandro, at the current Sergio’s Pizzeria location. This is indeed a good thing as Pyzano’s is much better than Sergio’s.
The owners of Planet Cafe (which may be moving) are opening a new restaurant, to be called Creekside Bistro, in Creekside Plaza (Davis St. x San Leandro Blvd.). Seems like a great location for nearby businesses.
Finally, today I noticed that a new restaurant has opened (or is opening) near the Safeway on Washington Ave. (at the old Taco Bell location, I think). It’s called Ha Ra sushi. Now, there are already three sushi restaurants in the immediate area, but none of them is very good. Still, is there a market for yet another one?
I also know that one of the restaurants on McArthur Blvd. will likely be closing, but no word as to which one it is yet.
- Denali’s Toast – Recipe
- Pasquier Macarons – Ooh La la
- Roasted Tri-Tip with Mexican Chorizo stuffing
- Malabar Restaurant Review – Santa Cruz
- Safeway Sub Sandwich Review
- Tacos Los Amigos – Oakland
- Kirkland Signature Chicken Street Tacos Review
- 85°C Bakery Cafe Sells my Favorite Pastries
- Taco Bell Review
- Finca Helechal Ibérico Sampler: Review
- Meal Kit Review: HelloFresh’ Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Garlic Herb Couscous and Lemony Roasted Carrots + Recipe on
- You get what you pay for: Beef Tenderloin at Grocery Outlet on
- Blakey’s Original Firefighters BBQ Sauce – Review on
- Online scam against restaurant owners on
- Battle of the Snacks Day 4: Ulker Alpella 3D White Chocolate v. Coris Whistle Soda Candy on
Meal Kit Reviews
Meal Kit Discount Codes
Tagsbbq beef Blue Apron boneless chicken buffets burgers chain restaurants cheese chicken Christmas closed restaurants desserts Dinnerly frozen food Gobble Hello Fresh HelloFresh meal kit reviews Home Chef Indian Indian food Italian Italian food Las Vegas Las Vegas buffets meal kit hacks mushrooms pasta pastries pizza Plated Refrigerated Meals Reviews restaurant reviews safeway sandwiches San Leandro sauces short ribs Soup steak Sun Basket tacos thai vegan vegetarian
- Argentina (7)
- Bread (4)
- Cafes, Bakeries, Ice Cream… (38)
- Cheese (15)
- Classes (5)
- Cookbooks (18)
- Deals (5)
- Dinner (68)
- Drinks (20)
- Equipment (13)
- Events (9)
- Fairs & Festivals (8)
- Feedback (7)
- Food for Tots (17)
- Food Items (179)
- Fun with Food (3)
- Grocery Outlet (80)
- Ice Cream (13)
- Ideas (4)
- International Project (5)
- Invitations (3)
- Links (19)
- Lists (9)
- Meal Kits (105)
- Menus (63)
- Methods (12)
- Recipes (245)
- Restaurants (414)
- Shops & Markets (39)
- Snacks (13)
- Text (61)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Wine (53)
- Wine Tasting (18)
Posts in this blog may contain affiliate links.