I made this cheesecake for dinner tonight – there was some leftover breadcrumbs and filling so I put them in some ramekins and cooked them with the cheesecake. My kids loved it, which is a pretty good recommendation 🙂 I made a couple of changes from the original recipe and would make slightly less crust next time (as per the recipe below), but I like having extra filling to taste before cutting the whole recipe.
Turtle Swirl Cheesecake
– 8 oz chocolate graham crackers, finely chopped
– 2 Tbsp white sugar
– 1 Tbsp brown sugar
– 5 Tbsp unsalted batter, melted
– 4 8-oz packages of cream cheese
– 1 cup sugar
– 4 eggs
– 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
– 2 1/2 oz dark chocolate, chopped
– 1/2 cup pre-made caramel sauce (store bought or home made)
Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix the cookie crumbs with the sugars and melted butter. Grease a 9″ springform pan and cover the bottom and 1″ of the sides with the cookie crumbs. Wrap the outside of the pan with aluminum foil. Place in the refrigerator and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
Put the cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix on high to maximum until the cheese is quite fluffy. Slowly add the sugar and mix until it’s fully incorporated. Add the eggs, one at the time, until fully mixed in.
Prepare the chocolate sauce by bringing the whipping cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, adding the chocolate and cooking, stirring constantly, until it’s all melted.
Remove the pan from the fridge and pour half of the cheese mixture into it. Spoon half of the chocolate sauce onto the cheese. Swirl with a fork. Repeat with half of the caramel sauce. Pour the rest of the cheese mixture into the pan and add the remaining chocolate sauce and caramel sauce. Swirl.
Fill a roasting or lasagna pan with 3/4″ of water and place the springform pan in it. Bake for an hour or until the sides are set. Cool in rack and then place in the fridge and cool for at least 8 hours.
- Christmas Eve Dinner 2021: Moussaka Mediterranean Kitchen + Luke’s Grill
- Early Xmas Dinner 2021: Canelones!
- Thanksgiving 2021: A dinner failure
- CookUnity Review
- International Food Project Update: Done with the J’s
- Gobble Meal Kit Review: Butter Chicken With Basmati Rice & Naan Bread
- All About Calamansi fruit
- Gobble Kit Review: Braised Beef Stroganoff with Fresh Gigli Pasta
- Restaurant Review: Awazi Kitchen – Oakland
- HelloFresh Review: Italian Beef Melts
Meal Kit Reviews
Meal Kit Discount Codes
Tagsbbq beef Blue Apron boneless chicken buffets burgers chain restaurants cheese chicken Christmas closed restaurants desserts Dinnerly EveryPlate Freshly frozen food Gobble Green Chef Hello Fresh HelloFresh meal kit reviews Home Chef Indian Italian food Japanese Las Vegas Las Vegas buffets meal kit hacks mushrooms pasta pizza Plated Refrigerated Meals Reviews restaurant reviews safeway San Leandro Santos Spice sauces short ribs Soup steak Sun Basket thai vegan vegetarian
- Argentina (7)
- Bread (4)
- Cafes, Bakeries, Ice Cream… (36)
- Cheese (15)
- Classes (5)
- Cookbooks (18)
- Deals (5)
- Dinner (68)
- Drinks (19)
- Equipment (13)
- Events (9)
- Fairs & Festivals (8)
- Feedback (7)
- Food for Tots (17)
- Food Items (174)
- Fun with Food (3)
- Grocery Outlet (79)
- Ice Cream (13)
- Ideas (4)
- International Project (4)
- Invitations (3)
- Links (19)
- Lists (9)
- Meal Kits (105)
- Menus (63)
- Methods (12)
- Recipes (241)
- Restaurants (406)
- Shops & Markets (39)
- Snacks (12)
- Text (59)
- Uncategorized (12)
- Wine (53)
- Wine Tasting (18)
Posts in this blog may contain affiliate links.