Pear & Goat Cheese Salad with Caramelized Walnuts and CranberriesPosted: December 26, 2017 | Author: admin | Filed under: Recipes | Leave a comment »
I wanted to make a different salad for Christmas this year and finally decided on a pear and goat cheese salad. Alas, I couldn’t decide on any particular recipe, so I ended up making my regular Mixed Green Salad with Gorgonzola Vinaigrette and simply adding the ingredients I wanted to use. It came out delicious.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar
- 5 oz mixed greens
- 1 bunch of green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup caramelized walnuts*
- 3 Tbsp. goat cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and raspberry vinegar. Set aside.
Toss together mixed greens, green onions, cranberries and walnuts in a salad bowl. Add vinaigrette and mix well. Crumble goat cheese on top and mix again.
* To caramelized walnuts, place 1/4 cup walnut pieces, 1 Tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. butter in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the butter and sugar melt and the walnut pieces are well coated with it. Pour onto parchment paper and quickly separate the pieces. Let cool. Store in an airtight container.