One of my Facebook friends posts pictures of beautiful desserts from time to time, and some time ago I chanced upon one of peanut butter trifle. I loved the idea and immediately decided that I would make it for Christmas. It was a great success. I loved it! Note that this is a pretty rich dessert, but not particularly sweet (or it doesn’t have to be, how much sugar you put is up to you).
I served these trifle in 8-oz wine glasses, this recipe made 8 to 10
Ingredients for the Trifle
- 1/2 batch brownies, cut in 1″ cubes
- peanut butter cream (recipe below)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peanut butter cups
- 3 cups chocolate pudding (you can use instant)
- 1 cup heavy cream, whipped with 2 Tbsp. white sugar
Place a layer of brownies at the bottom of the serving dish(es). Then layer the peanut butter cream, peanut butter cups & chocolate pudding. Top with whipped cream and brownie crumbs.
Refrigerate until serving.
Ingredients for the Peanut Butter Cream
- 3/4 cup creamy unsalted natural peanut butter
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, whipped with 2 tsp. sugar
Instructions for the Peanut Butter Cream
Using an electric mixer, whip the peanut butter and cream cheese together until combined. Add the sugar and mix until dissolved. Add the milk and mix again. Fold in the whipped cream into the mixture.