So-so recipesPosted: August 20, 2010 | Author: admin | Filed under: Recipes | Tags: allrecipes.com, epicurious.com | Leave a comment »
This is not really a posting for public consumption. Rather, it’s a place where I’ll keep track of the recipes I’ve made that haven’t impressed me too much. That way, when I come across those recipes again, I can just search to see if they appear on my blog and know what I thought of them. For the rest of my readers , sorry for the noise.
– Apricot Glazed Chicken with Dried Plums and Sage. – A very dull dish as well, the chicken had almost no flavor.
– Chicken Gabriella – This is a very simple dish that makes use of the fresh rosemary & sage I have growing by my house. It’s good but not special enough. Mike & kids liked it.
– Chicken Hawaii – Basically chicken parts in a coconut milk curry. It was OK, a little spicy, but my main complaint was that it wasn’t very flavorful. I wouldn’t make it again.
– Chilaquiles Verdes – It was actually quite a tasty recipe, though it lacked umph. Still, the sort of thing you can go on eating until you’re full. However, it was too sour for Mika (who is having trouble with any acidity in her food).
– Classic Sole Meuniere – This recipe was actually very good, I enjoyed it thoroughly, but it’s basically fish swimming in butter – and for the calories it needs to be out of this world. Note: Here is a DELICIOUS version of the same dish, by Emeril.
– Cider-Glazed Lamb Chops – The lamb chops per se were excellent, but the glaze was very mild and didn’t really add much to them. A waste of good ingredients.
– Grilled Sirloin Steaks with Blue Cheese-Walnut Butter – Nice butter, but it didn’t compliment the beef. The beef itself needed more salt and lacked flavor.
– Beer Batter Fish Made Great – Made this with sole. Took the advise of some of the reviewers and halved the spices. Not good idea, the batter wasn’t very flavorful. I may try again, or may try something else.
– Broiled Tilapia Parmesan – Mike liked it, I thought it wasn’t that flavorful.
– Cornmeal Crusted Catfish – I liked the consistency of the breading and it stayed on very well, but it had no flavor.
– Favorite Pork Chops – OK, but not very interesting.
–Honey Cornbread – Got great reviews, but it was sort of dull.